What is M/s anyway? Is this the path for me? Am I doing it right?
There are many misconceptions and unanswered questions about M/s. Those were just a few. When I began my journey I came to M/s with my own misunderstandings. Like I couldn’t be black and even use the words “master” or “slave.” Like giving someone else authority or assuming authority within a loving relationship could not and should not happen. Like if I’m not doing my M/s like everyone else, I’m somehow doing it wrong. Like I couldn’t be spiritual and be into M/s. Since finding the M/s community I’ve learned that much of what I thought M/s was all about was simply misinformed.
Some of the things that some of you want to know about include:
- Techniques for both Master and slave to use, to serve the power dynamic.
- How masters/slaves have used the lessons they’ve learned in M/s to inform other areas of their lives.
- How to integrate play, “real” life & M/s dynamics.
- How to keep slave in appropriate mindset while master is not present.
- How to square moral/religion interests with the M/s lifestyle.
What have you always wanted to know about M/s, but were afraid to ask?
Join us at MAsT (Masters and slaves Together) Metro New York as we discuss real life M/s. You do not have to be in an M/s relationship to attend… just interested in learning the real life issues that power exchange relationships deal with. And as always, please feel free to bring your own snack and/or something to share with the group.
MAsT Metro New York meets at the LGBT Community Center at 208 West 13th Street, NYC, between 7th and 8th Aves. From 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. The admission is $4 for members, $5 for reciprocal members/students with ID and $8 for all others. Please remember to check the board for room number.