Our December meeting is traditionally a potluck-and-elections meeting, but we depend on everyone bringing something to make this special party a success.
Here are some suggestions about categories in which you might consider bringing items:
- Casseroles or lasagnas
- Veggies (raw or cooked) or any type of salads (leafy, pasta, veggie, bean, potato, etc.)
- Hors d’oeuvres like pigs-in-a-blanket, wontons, mini quiches etc.
- Nice bread with cheese and butter/margarine
- Guacamole and tortilla chips
- Chips and dip
- Crackers and cheese
- Beverages: Non-alcoholic egg nog, soda, water, seltzer, iced tea, coffee (depending on the weather, perhaps one or two or more of those coffee boxes from Dunkin’ Donuts?), and sugar/sweetener and milk/cream for the coffee
- Desserts: pies, cakes, cookies, brownies, puddings/mousses/flans, dried fruit, fresh fruit (grapes, berries, citrus, etc.), and whipped cream
- Festive Supplies: festive tablecloths, paper plates, napkins, silverware, and disposable cups (hot and cold)
The above are just suggestions to get your ideas started — anything you bring to the potluck will be greatly appreciated, so bring whatever feels right to you!
Please note that you do NOT have to be a member in order to attend the holiday potluck. Everyone is welcome. You do have to be a member in good standing in order to vote in the annual elections.
When you’ve decided what you’re bringing, please let me know and I’ll report back about what dishes we have and what we still need. Thanks! We look forward to seeing everyone soon!
Warm regards & happy holidays!